§5 ch3: Case Record Transfer Procedures
3.3 Intact Family Moves from State
If the family has moved out of Missouri, the Children’s Service Worker shall:
- Evaluate the current risk factors and determine if closure is appropriate. Supervisory consultation is required to assist in this determination;
- If the current risk factors indicate closure would not be appropriate, contact the public child protection agency in the new state of residence by letter or phone, depending on the evaluation of risk. Provide the following information:
- A summary of why CD was involved with the family; and
- A summary of current risk factors.
- Complete form SS-63 and close the record. The family record will not be transferred out of state.