§5 ch3: Case Record Transfer Procedures
3.4 Child in Out-of-Home Care is Placed Within State
When a child in out-of-home care is placed in another Missouri county, the Children’s Service Worker in the sending county shall:
- Reach an agreement with the receiving county (and any other Children’s Service Worker involved as a case manager) regarding placement of the child;
- Confirm placement by telephone, in writing, or by e-mail;
- Complete the IM-42 and SS-61, record all contacts and complete a transfer summary;
- Send a duplicate family record to the case manager within ten working days after placement (if the sending worker is not the case manager). The case manager will send the duplicate family record to the receiving county within five working days after assuring that current information about the family/child is in the record.
- Close CS-67A’s for any services the child is receiving.
NOTE: When a child moves to another county and is expected to continue to receive services, the Children’s Service Worker will close the CS-67A’s and enter the new county code and new address, if known, on the CS-67 to transfer that form to the new county. The new county will update eligibility information on the CS-67 and complete new authorizations via the CS-67A.
NOTE: The authorizing worker in the new service county will reauthorize services for the child as needed and available.