§5 ch3: Case Record Transfer Procedures
3.6 Parent of Child in Out-Of-Home Care Moves Within the State
When a parent of a child in out-of-home care moves to another county, the Children’s Service Worker shall:
- Confirm with the parent or collateral that the parent has moved.
- Notify the CD office by telephone or letter depending upon the evaluation of risk to any other children in the home or the need for immediate services. Request confirmation within five days.
- Receive confirmation to transfer the record, complete an IM-42 and SS-63, close any active CS-67A’s, and attach a memo giving the status of the family and the name of the Children’s Service Worker who verified the residence. Complete the recording of all contacts and a transfer summary.
- Transfer a duplicate family record to the case manager within ten days, if the record was in a service county and is being transferred to another service county. Once received, the case manager will transfer a duplicate family record to the new service county within five days, after assuring that current information on the family is in the record.
The Children’s Service Worker in the receiving county shall:
- Confirm the family’s residence and notify the sending county within five days.
- Update the SS-63 or the SS-61 when the family is assigned to a Children’s Service Worker.
- Reauthorize any necessary Children’s Treatment Services or PS child care, if these services are still necessary and available.